Association internationale des études québécoises (AIEQ), in collaboration with the American Council for Quebec Studies (ACQS), is offering three research grants to support the work of emerging scholars by encouraging graduate-level research on Queébec in the social sciences and humanities.
This grant program is for full-time students at American universities preparing a master’s or doctoral thesis on a topic significantly relating to Québec or its relations with the United States.
RESEARCH STUDY PERIOD
At any time during the academic year
In the province of Quebec
The grant awarded covers costs relating to fieldwork undertaken in Québec, specifically airfare, accommodations, and living expenses. The research may take place at any time during the academic year. The maximum grant amount is $2,000 CAD.
TO PARTICIPATE, YOU MUST:
- Be a member of AIEQ and ACQS.
- Be registered full-time in a postgraduate program in the United States.
- Fill in the form in your “espace membre”, under “ Formulaires”.
- Attach the following documents:
- Proof of enrolment from the applicant’s educational institution.
- Proof that your are U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- A letter of motivation (1000 words maximum).
- A letter of support from the applicant research supervisor.
- Your curriculum vitae (5 pages max).
- Your most recent academic transcript.
Contact Suzie Beaulieu, email@example.com